Birkenstockshop will store the details and information that the Customer provides to Birkenstockshop carefully and confidentially. In doing so, Birkenstockshop complies with the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR/AVG) and other relevant legislation.
Article 1- Definitions:
Data Subject: a natural person who can be identified on the basis of the provided
Personal Data: The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an
identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular
by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of
personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name,
identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.
Data Processing: means any operation or set of operations which is performed on
personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated
and means for the Processing of Personal Data.
Article 2- Scope and what data is collected?
2. Birkenstockshop processes Personal Data as part of processing the purchase of the Customer . These Personal Data consist of the name and address data, contact data and cookies or IP-addresses.
3. As soon as the Customer has voluntarily given his / her data in person or through the website, he/she thereby authorizes the processing of the Personal Data in the context of the execution of the agreement.
4. Birkenstockshop collects the Personal Data in the following way:
a. Data collection via the internet such as placing an order, questionnaires, cookies, applying for the newsletter or a brochure, filling in a contact form, uploading reviews or using social media;
b. Written data via post or filled in question formss;
c. Personal interviews where information is being recorded or entered;
d. Telephone interviews with data being recorded or entered.
Article 3- What Birkenstockshop does with the data:
1. Personal data will be processed by Birkenstockshop in a lawful, fair and transparent manner. The collected Personal Data is treated confidentially at all times.
2. If the Data Subject determines that his Personal Data has been incorrectly registered with Birkenstockshop, the Data Subject will report this to Birkenstockshop as soon as possible. Birkenstockshop will, following this information on request, delete the data if necessary, or modify it or provide the Person concerned with the opportunity to correct these Personal Data.
Article 4- Purposes of collecting data:
1. Birkenstockshop collects Personal Data from Data Subjects for the processing of the orders and sending the products to the Customer as well as the necessary related contact in order to be able to do so.
2. The Personal Data are only Processed because this is necessary for the execution of the agreement with regard to the services of Birkenstockshop requested by the Data Subject. Processing of the Personal Data will only take place when this proves necessary for the realization of the purposes in the context of the provided services.
Article 5- Storage data and storage period
1. The storage period of the Personal Data will only be for the duration that is necessary to realize the purposes and in any case not last longer than a maximum of one year, unless a legal basis indicates a different term by which Birkenstockshop is obliged to keep the Personal Data for a longer period.
Article 6 – Security
1. Birkenstockshop takes precautions to protect the Personal Data and will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures for ensuring that, by default, only personal data which are necessary for each specific purpose of the processing are processed and to protect the Personal Data at an appropriate level of security.
2. Birkenstockshop will in any event take appropriate measures to prevent destruction, any form of unlawful processing or unauthorized distribution and access to the Personal Data.
Artikel 7 Newsletter
1. The Customer can voluntarily register for the newsletter.
2. The newsletter keeps the Customer informed of the latest news, the most recent offers and developments.
3. The Customer receives the newsletter by mail.
4. The Customer subscribe from the newsletter in writing or via the hyperlink at any time.
5. The Customer will then no longer receive any messages.
Artikel 8 Cookies and privacy
1. Birkenstockshop may collect information from the website’s visitor about the use of the website by means of cookies.
2. The information that Birkenstockshop collects through cookies can be used for functional and analytical purposes. Birkenstockshop is not permitted to lend, rent, sell or in any other way reveal the personal data of the Data Subject.
3. The Customer agrees that Birkenstockshop may approach the Customer for statistical or customer satisfaction research. If the Customer does not wish to be approached for research, the Customer may express this.
4. Birkenstockshop reserves the right to utilise the other details of the Customer in anonymous form for (statistical) research and databases.
Artikel 9- Rights of the Data Subject:
1. The person concerned has the right, without giving any reason, to withdraw his permission to process his Personal Data, unless this makes execution of the agreement impossible, makes it impossible to carry out a public task, or is not possible due to medical necessity, subject to the legal obligations. Or other situation in which removal of personal data can’t reasonably be expected from Birkenstockshop.
2. If any information inaccurate or incomplete, the Data Subject can request Birkenstockshop at any time to correct or complete it.
3. The Data Subject may request the deletion of any Personal Data. To request deletion of your Personal Data, contact email@example.com
4. The Data Subject has the right to view, amend or delete the Personal Data.
Article 10 - Transfer to third parties
1. Birkenstockshop will not provide Personal Data of Data Subjects to third parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the agreement or the delivery of goods and / or services or if this occurs on the basis of (compliance with) a legal obligation.
Article 11 - Contact and complaints
1. Complaints can be submitted in writing and will be handled as soon as possible but in any case within 4 weeks.
2. The Data Subject has the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority being the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
3. Questions and complaints can be submitted via: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Changes will be communicated to the Data Subject.
Article 13 Interpretation, translation
Article 14 - Applicable law
1. Dutch law is exclusively applicable to all legal relationships to which Birkenstockshop is a party. This also applies if an obligation is wholly or partly fulfilled outside the Netherlands or if the Customer has its place of business outside the Netherlands.
2. Disputes between Birkenstockshop and the Customer will only be submitted to the competent court in the Amsterdam district, unless the law mandatorily prescribes otherwise.